Monday, May 08, 2006

If it's not one end, it's the other.

I had to go to the vet on Saturday and Dr. Jesske wasn't there! It was traumatic, let me tell you! I have a sore on my back, kind of at the top of my back leg. It's been hurting for awhile, but I guess mom thought I had arthritis or something like that. I didn't know what it was, all I knew was that it hurt whenever anybody touched me there. Last week I got a sore there and then the sore got bigger and pretty soon there was another one. Mom freaked out. Told dad maybe I had a "staff" infection or something, so she had to take me to the vet "right away" - like she couldn't wait for Dr. Jesske to work again? Geez.

Anyway, Dr. Matt was nice, but he squeezed my let where it hurt and that hurt really bad, but he said some stuff called pus came out of it, so I have an infection. Again. So now I'm taking medicine for that. Again. Mom says she spends as much money on me as she did Meg and Matt (her human kids). Really, I think she's exaggerating... I have to say it doesn't hurt quite as bad anymore. Mom and dad have been putting ointment on it too, so that helps. I don't feel like biting it anymore, so it must be getting better. I sure do love mom and dad. They had something called an anniversary yesterday, they've been living together and married (what's the difference to a dog?) for 18 years! That's a long, long time. I can't even imagine how long that is. I wish I would have known about this anniversary thing, I would have gotten them a card. Nobody tells you anything when you're a dog! Sheesh!

1 comment:

Wally said...

Oh Chuck, your mom and dad take such good care of you and I'm glad. They really love you. I am so glad it wasn't something really really bad. Take care of yourself Chuck.

Cara says that mom spends a lot more on us pups than her....he, he, he...she does. We are lucky.

Lola got a new dress today but mom can't figure how to get the pictures posted. They're on the Kodak camera and mom gets so mad using that one.

Lola is STILL eating all the food around, sheesh, if it goes in it has to come out. And you know what, for a girl she sure passes gas a lot.

Take care of your leg. Are your ears good now?

Your friend in CA.

Wally