Sunday, April 30, 2006

I have to complain, but I learned something really nice!

Before I start complaining mom said she found out today when my birthday was! Grandma Judy e-mailed this morning and my birthday is July 5. Isn't that great? I'll be 8 years old this year! Now mom can bake me a potato cake or something to celebrate.

Now, about the complaining. We have lots of trees in our yard. LOTS of trees. Most are cottonwood trees and they have these things that fall out of the tree and they are sticky. Really, really sticky. They stick to me everywhere! They even stick to my feet and get in between my toes. I really don't like that. I have to chew and chew to get them off my feet and that's hard for me because I only have 4 teeth! The other day mom must have seen how much they were starting to hurt because she decided to get them off my feet. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but I don't like anybody to touch my feet. Ever. For ANY reason. Just leave my feet alone! Well, mom picked me up and put me on her lap and then TOUCHED MY FEET! Yikes! I screamed and cried and wailed. But she didn't put me down. You know what she did? She gave me a big hug and told me she loved me and she would never hurt me. Never hurt me! Can you believe that? I mean, she hasn't hurt me or anything since I've been here, but I really just thought it was a matter of time before she and dad or somebody got really mad at me and hit me or threw a shoe at me or something. But they never have. And now she told me she never would! Can you imagine that? Wow. After that I thought I'd put her to the test, I just sat in her lap and let her try to get those old nasty things off my feet, and you know what? She didn't hurt me? It was a little uncomfortable, but it didn't hurt. All that screaming I did for nothing. I feel kind of silly now...

It's been raining a lot. Every day for 3 days it's been raining. I don't like the rain much, but I figured out that I can go potty in mom's and dad's flower garden. All I have to do is jump from the back stairs across a little space and right into the garden. It doesn't rain over there so I don't get wet. So far so good because she hasn't planted the flowers yet, but I don't know how happy she'll be later this summer. I've had to wear my T-shirt because it's been cool too. You know how I feel about that!

You know what I really like? Dad washes my bed every week. I have a fresh clean bed all the time! It's so nice. Grandma Judy's was nice like that too, but I thought when I came home with mom and dad that they would just leave my room alone and pretty soon it would smell like my old home, pretty bad. That hasn't really happened though. I love dad, he does all kind of good things for me. Mom says she just amazed because every time she tells me to go find dad I do. I go right to him. He usually holds me for a long time on his lap when I do find him and that makes me happy. I love being held.

Yesterday mom was sitting on the sofa with all the other kids laying on her and she was reading a book when I decided I wanted to sit on her lap. She told me no! Can you imagine that? She told he she couldn't pick me up, so I should go lay down in my bed. I couldn't believe it! When she told me no again I started to go to my room, but then I remembered mom had bought me a new squeaky toy last week and it still squeaks so I went to my toy corner close to mom and just squeaked and squeaked and squeaked my toy. Finally mom put the other dogs on the floor and came over and picked me up. If I had known it was that easy to get picked up I would have done it sooner!

Later,
Chuck

1 comment:

Wally said...

Oh Chuck, you are such a character! Those toys really do the job on mom's nerves huh.

Well let me tell you who is doing a job on my nerves....Lola~ She eats EVERYTHING in site, even the cat food. She is something else, but we get along great.

Lola growls a lot when we play and mom gets after her. All I can do is laugh. Did you see the sweaters mom made her on my blog?

I am so happy that you know your birthday. I can't wait for it to get here.

Later Chuck.

Wally