Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Fright!

Wow, I got the crap scared out of me tonight. Mom was working and dad aws in bed, it was dark outside and I needed to go out. Dad put down some paper for me in my room, but heck, who wants to go on the paper? I found a towel in the corner of the room and decided to go there. Much nicer - for me anyway. Well, I bumped the gate that's in the doorway and it fell over with a CRASH! It scared me so bad I'm glad I just went to the bathroom or I'm sure I would have had to go again. I scurried right down the hall tothe bedroom 'cause mom's office door was shut. I wanted dad to pick me up, but he was sleeping! What's a scared guy to do!? Luckily mom heard the gate fall, so she came looking for me. I was shaking like crazy. I haven't been this scared since I came to live here.

Mom found me in the bedroom and decided that as long as I was up I better go outside... Ha ha! Beat you to THAT mom! Snicker... Anyway when I came back in, I sure wasn't going anywhere near that gate again, huh uh! NO way! I hid behind the ottoman in the living room. Mom went all over the house looking for me - tee hee, I was hiding good. Finally dad got up and came looking for me too. He found me though. I was too scared to even eat my applesauce in the kitchen, I kept going back behind the ottoman, so dad finally put me in my room. Dad put the gate up again, before he went to bed. I think I'll either stay in bed from now on during the night or else be sure to use my papers if I really have to go. I don't need to be that scared again!

I got to go see Dr. Jesske again on Sunday. The infection in my leg isn't getting any better. It hurts and I lick and lick it until mom got worried again. (Gosh, doesn't she have anything else to do besides take me to the vet? It would be fine with me if we could skip going there for a little while!) Dr. Jesske was pretty nice, but he squeezed my back again and it still hurts. Mom learned that when she tried to put some medicine on it the other night and I snapped at her. I think she's still amazed! I wouldn't have really bit her, but it made her jump! I'm still giggling over that. Anyway, I got another prescription. Mom said something about spending as much on my prescriptions as on hers. Wow, I didn't know she took as much medicine as me. Anyway, I hope it feels better pretty soon. It's kind of hot and itchy sometimes, and I don't like the hot washcloth mom puts on it. It makes me crabby and want to run and hide. What a guy has to go through, let me tell you!

No comments: