Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Note from Charlie's Mom

Don't worry! Everything is fine, I'm not posting because Charlie can't get to the computer! LOL Anyway, I just wanted to tell everyone what a great spring Charlie is having - aside from being scared to death by the baby gate.

He's been outside a LOT and he's loving every minute of it! I could cry when I think that up until Grandma got him last year in August (?) that he probably had spent very little time, if at all, out of his cell. Yesterday he was in the backyard for about 3 hours! I kept going out to check on him and he was just wandering around the yard and occasionally napping under the tree. I'll have to get some pictures later today if I have time.

On Friday last week he made his first kill! Granted it was a baby bird, but he hunted it down. While I'm not an advocate of killing baby birds, I have to think that this was the first time he's ever done anything remotely like this - he's really turning into a mighty hunter!

As for his everyday life, his ears are looking great! The sore above his leg on his back is getting better and he seems to have a lot more energy and is more playful than he ever has been. Guess he has spring fever too! He still loves his applesauce and his meals 4 times a day of rabbit and potato with a little extra baked potato thrown in for good measure. No hair is growing back anywhere, but we love him more every day - little half-naked doxie man!

No comments: