Friday, April 28, 2006

My ears are better!

Mom got some little steroid pills to give me last week. She thinks she's being sneaky by giving them to me in a piece of my food, but I know they're there! I just go ahead and eat them anyway because I know she'll just grind them up and that makes my food taste nasty. I think the medicine might be working, that makes me want to take it too! Yesterday mom was playing with my ears (I don't like that at all - I growled a little but mom just held me tighter and told me she wasn't going to hurt me.) She got a great big piece of scab off my ear - whew, what a relief! I don't have to shake my head so much now since those things are gone. They were really annoying me, but I couldn't get them to come off. I'm sorry I growled at mom now, she sure made me feel better.

Ruger got in the garbage today. Really, it was Ruger. Unfortunately, when dad came home for lunch I was the one who got caught! Dad even yelled at me! Can you believe that? Dad never yells at me, but he sure did today. Maybe it was because I, er, um, I mean Ruger tore the garbage bag open and spread all those goodies all over the deck. Well, they were goodies to us anyway. I can't figure out why they throw such tempting morsels away. Who can figure what humans think? Anyway, I tried to let dad know that Ruger is the one who did it, but I don't think he believed me. Well, maybe he did because Ruger and I both had to stay in the little room this afternoon. It was worth it though - there was hamburger in the trash! Yum!

It rained the other day and I didn't want to go all the way outside to go potty so I went on the back porch, I think dad was upset about that too. What's a dog supposed to do when it rains? I'd like to see HIM go outside to go to the bathroom and stand in the rain. Geez. Buttercup still goes outside into the yard, silly girl. Dad had to go carry her in when he went back to work, she growled at him because she didn't want to come in, but dad just laughed and picked her up! Haha! She wanted to stay outside and bark at the squirrels, but she was outside for a long time anyway. Mom tried her off with a towel when she got in the house - boy was she mad. Buttercup doesn't like mom or anybody to use a towel to dry her off. Good thing she doesn't have to take as many baths as I do. While mom was drying her off she kept showing her teeth. Mom said, "Look at her smile!" I don't think she was smiling, but I wasn't going to tell mom that! Mom made me wear that new shirt she bought me the other day. I showed her, I got out of it right away. She put it back on, I took it off, she put it back on, I took it off. When dad got home I left it on though. I thought maybe he wouldn't believe mom when she told him I kept taking it off. That was a pretty funny joke to play on mom! Well, I better get off the computer. I hear thunder outside. Night everybody!

1 comment:

Wally said...

Oh you are so funny Chuck! I can take my sweaters off too and my mom doesn't know how I do it.

Sister has a name now, Lola. Let me tell you, Lola eats like a pig, she even tries to take mine and brothers food away but mom stops her. You're right, girls, yuck! She thinks she runs us now.

I'll put pictures up this weekend of us, mom is making Lola a sweater..ha, ha, ha. Mom did get mad at her this morning, she took off with the yarn!

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Tootles~