Sunday, April 23, 2006

A long weekend...

Mom and dad were busy all day Friday and Saturday so we spent a lot of time in our little room. That is SO boring. Heidi always tries to steal my bed and Buttercup and Ruger want the blankets. I've started letting them know they're not going to push ME around! No sir. They are NOT going to get under the blanket if I'm laying on it. They can lay on the bare floor and see how they like it. I think mom felt guilty for being gone so long on Friday so she bought a new toy for us. She says it's for all of us, but it squeaks, so it's mine. Only mine. I've got it in my toy corner and nobody better even think about taking it. Dad got the carpet all wet with the noisy machine on Friday night so he put my toys up in the chair. I can't jump up on the chair, it's too big, so I was pretty mad at dad. I went to my bed and wouldn't come out later to go outside. I showed them though, I left a big mess in the bathroom overnight. I bet they don't don't hide my toys anymore.

We had a lot of company Saturday but there weren't many kids, so I was happy about that. I didn't feel like I had to go and hide. The only one I have to hide from is the one they call "Gabe." He doesn't stand up yet and crawls all over like me. He didn't used to be very fast, but he's faster than me now, so I sat in mom's lap when they were here. Even Ruger hides under the couch when Gabe is around. He's a nice kid, but he's kind of loud and scary to me.

Either mom or dad was home with us all day today - that was much better. Just the way I like it. Mom got some steroid pills from Dr. Jesske for my ears. They were all swollen again. They're doing a bit better I think. I wish I could get the scabs off, but no matter how hard I shake my head they're still there. Dad keeps putting this stuff on them, but they still stay there. I feel like they're always going to be stuck to my ears. It's better than bleeding, I guess.

It so warm and the grass is so much fun to lay in. Mom got me another T-shirt. Bother! The only thing I really don't like is dad has these 2 really big, really noisy toys. The first one is red and he rides on it all over the yard and it sprays grass on me and the other dogs. I don't like it. When I see him open the big garage I go hide. The other one blows loud air and the leaves and grass blow all over. I HATE that one. I don't want to even be outside when he gets that out. What kind of fun can they possibly be? I know they're toys, that's what mom calls them - Dad's toys. I just don't understand.

No comments: