Saturday, March 25, 2006

We had snow and company!

We had lots of snow this week. I don't like the snow. Mom made me wear a sweater or my T-shirt all the time - that makes me so MAD! I tried to get them off, but mom always caught me. She was right about one thing, it was warmer outside, but I don't like to wear them! The snow was pretty deep so dad shoveled a place for me on the deck to go potty. The other dogs liked to go way out in the snow. Mom said Buttercup looked like the abominable snowdog (whatever that is) - but it must be funny because she laughed about it. Buttercup did NOT like the little machine that blows hot air! Mom had to use it to melt the snow on her legs, but Buttercup was really mad, she kept trying to bite the hot hair. Mom didn't think that was funny but I did! Woof! Then after mom would get her all dried off she would go outside and they would have to do the same thing all over. Silly dog, what was she thinking? I've spent a lot of time downstairs by the woodstove, it's nice and warm down there. I don't even like to come upstairs at night to go to bed. Dad says we're out of firewood, so we're going to have to let the fire go out. Darn! I think he better just go cut more. Doesn't firewood come from trees? We have trees in our yard....

I've been so busy this week sitting on laps and being spoiled. Mom's friend was here from Ohio and she really loved me too! I learned something new this week too, I've decided that if the other dogs can all howl together I probably should to, so I do now! Mom calls it caterwauling, whatever that means, but I have a good time doing it!

The scabs are back on my ears, but they're not hot or fat right now, so I'm pretty happy about that. Ruger had to go to the vet on Friday and have his "glands" cleaned out. I'm not sure what all that entails (pardon the pun), but I'm sure glad it was him and not me. I don't know why he had to go, but I know mom was pretty mad at him last week for dragging his bottom on the carpet. I would never do that - at least not of someone else was in the room to see me! He had to get his rabies shot too. He was really mad at mom when he came home and hid under the sofa all day! He didn't come out until dinner, and he only came out then because dad was going to feed him. I don't think he's mad anymore because he was laying on the sofa with her today when I wanted to get on the sofa! Maybe I liked it better when he was hiding UNDER the sofa instead of laying down with mom.

I was a little sad this week that we had to spend so much time in our room. Mom and her friend were gone all the time, but when they came home they gave us treats so we didn't feel too bad about the whole thing. Hmmm, now that I think about it maybe it was okay they were gone all the time. I got a LOT of potato this week. Yum.

Well, I hear mom coming so I better go for now! I love you all!

Charlie

No comments: