Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Not So Very Merry Christmas

We got through Christmas and it was okay. Steve loves his train, the one that I had imagined Charlie would be entranced by. Ruger is afraid of it and Buttercup tried to bite it. I don't think Heidi even saw it. She's been hiding a lot in her blanket. Buttercup wants to be held constantly and if you don't pick her up when she wants to be picked up she barks until you do! Ruger is just Ruger, still a nervous Nellie, even more so. Steve is sad too, I know, although like all men he's being stoic. Buttercup has to go have her nails trimmed and her anal glands cleaned - acutally she needs to see the groomer yet, but I just don't have it in me to go to the vet's office. I can't believe it's only been 4 days. It seems like he's been gone forever. His little room still smells like him, even though Steve and I have both scrubbed the floor. I want to repaint the room. It needed it anyway.

We got a sympathy card from the vet's office today. That was so thoughtful of them. Mom and Bob sent another. It's a big thing to lose a fur baby, it really is. Although I'm sure some people think I'm nuts for being so sad about it. I just have to deal with this grief in my own way. Thanks to all my friends from Lovedachs and my e-mail friends. You're all wonderful - but then you're all doxie people, I expect no less...

No comments: