Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

I can certainly say I hope that 2007 is better for 2006! We got Charlie's ashes back from the vet on Friday, as promised. I was surprised it was done on time because of the holidays. It was like reopening a wound. I think if I put all the skin and hair he lost over the past months in a box it would be bigger than the one his ashes are in. So tiny. So sad. I just can't get over how quiet the house is. Charlie had a very distinctive, deep bark, different from the other 3, and I miss it so much. He would bark whenever it was time to be fed - and he was fed 4 times a day, so we heard a lot of barking! He'd also bark to be let in when he was done outside. I've called for him to come twice this week when I let the others in before I remembered he wasn't there. Steve says he doesn't want to get another dog right away, he thinks 3 is enough for now. I don't think you can ever have too many dachshunds. He may feed them, but I'm the one who spends most of the time with them!

I hope all of our dachsie friends have a very happy and prosperous 2007!

Mindi and Steve
Heidi, Ruger, Buttercup, and Charlie Brown - Angel Dog

No comments: