Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I've been a resident of Omaha for a year. Can I vote now?

I've been living with mom and dad for a whole year now! They thought I was sick when they brought me home and that I wouldn't be here long. Silly them! Guess I fooled them all, didn't I?

Mom had people over to our house for dinner yesterday and baked me a cake and everything. She said it was the end of summer and we should all have a cookout, but I know that really the celebration was for me... Because I'm special. She tells me that all the time. I bet she just didn't want to tell everyone that it was for me because then the other dogs would be jealous and mom would be baking cakes all the time for their birthdays and to celebrate the day they came to live with her and dad. It would just get to be too much, so she tells everyone it's the end of summer even though I know it's really for me.

My uncle, Tucker the Cat, has been sick again. He has congestive heart failure and grandma and grandpa have to give him some kind of yucky medicine in the morning and at night. Poor Tucker. Mom says that I have it too, but I don't feel sick, so I don't think we have the same thing at all. Besides, mom and dad don't have to shoot medicine in the side of my mouth. Mom hides stuff in my food sometimes though, but I don't spit it out. I'm not BAD like other dogs I know... Don't worry Buttercup, I won't tell mom that you spit that pill out on the carpet in the living room yesterday. She won't hear it from me. Huh uh. No way and I a tattletale...

Grandma Judy sent me a nice warm heating pad that mom and dad put in my bed and it makes me so warm! I don't have to curl up in a little ball to be warm and I sleep really, really good with it. But, I think grandma told mom to put my water up at night because they don't put it in my bedroom with me anymore. I never have to get up and go pee during the night anymore, but I'm not sure if it's because I'm so warm I sleep really good, or because mom doesn't give me my water. I know mom's glad she doesn't have to scrub the floor every day!

Grandma and Grandpa S gave me a new octopus for my birthday. It squeaks and squeaks and squeaks. I guess maybe it squeaks too much 'cause mom put it on the piano last night. She gave it back to me today though. I guess she never found the Kong though. I'm kind of sorry she hasn't found it because I can't remember where I put it!

I'm going to post some pictures that mom took the other day. I don't want anybody to be upset or anything about my back. Really it doesn't hurt. Even where there's scabs, mom and dad put lotion and medicine on them, so they don't hurt, so don't worry about how it looks okay?

I'm starting to lose some hair on my head now. Mom says I'll look like my grandpa Art if that happens. Uh oh.

Gotta get those pictures posted. I hope you like them.

Chuck

No comments: