Sunday, August 27, 2006

Dog days of August

Hey, remember me? I can't believe this month has gone by so fast and I haven't had a chance to get to the computer. It was so hot this month, I spent a lot of time just laying around trying to get cool, so I haven't felt much like typing. :-) There really hasn't been too much going on either. Just eating, sleeping, and spending a little time outside. I've been feeling really, really tired lately too, so I've been sleeping a lot.

Life is about as good as it gets I think. Every night when mom has to go to work I go downstairs with dad and watch TV. He spends a lot of time with just me, petting me and putting lotion on my back. What else could a guy ask for? My back was getting pretty sore earlier this month so mom talked to Dr. Jesske and got some MORE pills for me to take. I really don't care though, if I'm really lucky dad gives them to me in a hot dog. If I'm not so lucky he gives them to me in a little chunk of my regular food, but either way I get to eat more, right? I also got a prescription for prednisone, so mom gets to take her medicine back. She doesn't really care though because her doctor said she doesnt have to take it for very much longer. Mom thinks maybe she'll lose weight if she doesn't take it anymore. I hope I don't lose any weight when I quit taking it, otherwise I'd blow away in a strong wind! A kite that pees mom says and then she laughs. Hmph. I don't think it's very funny.

My sister Buttercup is pretty sick tonight. Her neck is hurting her really bad. Mom was crying about it earlier, but dad says not to worry until they go to the vet tomorrow. I guess mom and dad had another fur baby, Schnapps, and he went to the Rainbow Bridge when his back started hurting him, so mom is really worried. I didn't know what to do to make her happy tonight. I peed in the hallway. That's didn't make her happy, but at least it took her mind off of Buttercup for a minute or two. Hey, give me some credit for trying! When mom was trying to get Buttercup to drink some water she took this thing called a heating pad off of Buttercup's back and put it on the floor, so, being the curious guy that I am I decided to lay down on it. Wowser! It was nice and warm! I wish I could have one of those things in my bed. Mom made me get off of it though so she could put it back on Buttercup. I hope she gets me one!

Next week is going to be special for me. I've been living with mom and dad for a whole year! Isn't that great? I can't believe it's been a whole year since Grandma Judy took me in and put me on Petfinder so mom and dad could find me. I've been so lucky! I can't decide what the best part is though, my own bed, ALL the toys, having good friends like Lucy in New York and her human Melissa; Sasha, Roxie and Cosmo in Minnesota and their human Kate; Grandma Judy; all my great friends in Missouri; my own toys; all the cool dogs on Lovedachs; my sisters and brother; my human sister and brother; good dog food; all the toys, my own blanket; applesauce; bananas; my furry cousins, Medusa and Shorty; all my toys; grandma and grandpa Sieborg; grandpa Art; all my toys; going outside and just laying in the sun; chasing the neighbor kids; Mr. Tucker my cat cousin... And did I mention ALL THE TOYS? I wonder if mom will bake me another cake? Ooooooo with ice cream. I love ice cream too...

Well, I think mom is up to check on Buttercup so I better sneak back to my OWN blanket and go back to sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzz

Love ya! Chuck

No comments: