Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I'm the healthy one for a change!

We've had a bunch of sick babies at our house! I told you all about my sister Buttercup hurting her neck. She's feeling much better, but mom and dad still carry her outside and she can't go down the stairs by herself. Mom says she going to get a hernia carrying her around. What's a hernia anyway? Mom is also talking about diet food - I hope she means for the other guys. I don't think I'd like diet food. Mom says she doesn't.

Then, Ruger ate a LOT of chocolate and had to go to the vet! Boy was mom upset. At first I thought it was because the chocolate was gone, but no, she was worried about Ruger. He ate a whole bunch of chocolate that was almost all cocoa, I guess that stuff is BAD for dogs. First she tried to make Ruger throw up by giving him some yucky stuff to drink, but Ruger wouldn't throw up. Them mom had to take him to the vet and THEY had to make him throw up. He came home later that night, but he wasn't feeling very well. He got in trouble from mom yesterday because she found some more chocolate he hid behind the desk in her office, so he got yelled at. Why would he want chocolate when he always gets the good stuff mom has, like bones and stuff? I don't even get those because I can't chew them, but if I did get them I sure wouldn't be eating any icky stuff like chocolate. Mom said next time she gets a dog she's getting something called insurance. I don't know what exactly that is, but mom made it sound like a good thing. If you can eat it, I wish she'd get it now.

It's been kind of cold outside, so mom put my sweater on me today. It was one of the sweaters that Grandma Carole gave to me last year. I tried to take it off, but it got stuck. Mom couldn't find the camera, but she said it looked like I had a skirt on. Don't girls wear skirts? I think I should be insulted, being the manly dog I am, but I'm not sure.

We found a great big spider outside yesterday. I would have eaten it, but mom actually screamed and grabbed me before I could get it. I guess she doesn't like spiders much. Maybe next time. We had some company at our house and they took it home with them in a jar. I wonder if they're going to eat it? Probably not. Humans don't eat bugs much.

Well, I hear mom coming back, so I better get off the computer. We can't have any more excitement around here. Mom says she had enough, so I don't want her to know I can type!

Love,
Chuck

No comments: