Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Mighty Hunter Returns

Finally, mom got off the computer so I could write! She's sick today. I'm sorry she's sick, but she's such a HOG with the computer... What's a guy to do?

I killed another bird today. YES! I even got to eat most of it before dad found out. Mom is totally grossed out and won't let me near her, but that's okay, she'll forget in a little while and then I'll be back on the bed with her. Our weather has been really hot, but I like it. I sit outside for hours. Mom always has to come look for me, and call me, and she isn't satisfied until I come out of my hiding places (under the hostas) so she knows I haven't gotten out of the gate again. I won't do that again. I got scared kind of bad the first time I did that.

Mom was gone taking care of grandma and grandpa's cat this week. How's that for dog neglect? Leaving me home while she takes care of a stupid CAT! And Mr. Tucker doesn't even like dogs. I wanted to go to grandma's but mom said Mr. Tucker would eat ME! Bet he wouldn't. Silly old cat couldn't hurt a mighty hunter like me! (Note from mom - he took out after my brother in law's Irish Setter, so mighty hunter or not, Charlie stays home when we go to grandma's.) Some bad people got into grandma's and grandpa's house while they were gone, so mom had to take care of Mr. Tucker because my human cousin was afraid to stay there. Maybe if she had a guard DOG instead of a cat that wouldn't have happened. I'm only sayin'.....

I found a new treat this week - bananas! Yum! They're even better than applesauce, but mom doesn't share them as much. She says I can't have a whole one, so I can only have some when she has one. The other kids don't like them much. Good, all the more for me.

My back was all healed up, but then it itched me again, so I chewed it open. I don't think it's too bad. Mom thinks it is, so I had to go to the vet - again. I think I should just live there and mom and dad can come visit me. Geez. Dr. Jesske said I look "great". Woo hoo! My mouth is a little worse, I guess I have a fistula, kind of a hole in the bone of my jaw, but they can't fix it. Dr. Jesske said they could, but maybe if I go to sleep I won't wake up again. That wouldn't be too good, so mom said no. Whew! He said they could go to another vet where they have someone watch me when I'm asleep, something like a seezeologist, (note from mom - anesthesiologist) but that would cost a lot of money and even then I might not wake up. I'm not liking that idea too much, so I'm glad mom says no. I'm happy with my soft food and any birds I can find. So I don't think my mouth needs to be fixed - even though the other kids won't drink out of the water bowl after me 'cause there's icky stuff in it. More water for me, the way I see it. Besides, mom fills it up all the time with clean water. They're such BABIES!

Mom is really excited because Dr. Jesske gave her some prednisone for Heidi because she's itching - guess she's 'lergic to something, anyways the prednisone fixed her nose right up. No more scab. She's a pretty good lookin' dog, of course she's my sister though, so I have to say that.

Well, I just heard mom get up so I'm going to go lay in the corner and pretend like I haven't been on the computer. Thanks to all my friends who read this! I love everybody!

No comments: